- Written by Jeff Summers Jeff Summers
Chandler, AZ 85226
Creative technical leader and enterprise architect who has demonstrated results in implementing new technology and web-based information systems within Information Technology. Visionary with the ability to evaluate industry trends to communicate how technology can be utilized to meet business objectives. I am driven by my quest to conquer new challenges and thrive in the axiom that change is the one constant in the universe.
|Project Management||Software Development||Web Development|
|Technical Leadership||Infrastructure Management||Re-engineering|
|Strategic Planning||Network Design||IT Modeling|
|Process Management||Change Management||Enterprise Architecture|
|Written Communication||Employee Development||Recruitment and Staffing|
|OOA / OOD||PHP||Sniffer Protocol Analysis|
|Microsoft Project||MySQL||Ethernet 802.11b/g Wireless|
|PTech Framework||Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator||Token-Ring|
|Red Hat Linux||Macromind Director||TCP/IP|
|Apache||Joomla Content Management||Cisco Routers/Switches|
|iCal Calendar Services||Objective C||LDAP / Directory Services|
|Exchange||WebMethods Middleware||Microsoft Access / FoxPro|
|Zachman Framework||Java Server Pages||ERWin|
|Wells Fargo, Inc., Chandler Arizona||2002 – Present|
|Senior Vice President - Managing Systems Architect||2004-2018|
Established architectural direction for large-scale projects within Fortune 500 Company to meet aggressive business requirements allowing the company to achieve revenue projections while maintaining financial services leadership role.
- Instituted decentralized architecture framework providing leadership to a distributed architecture community by establishing direction to line of business architects through standardized processes and procedures
- Provided architectural direction and guidance to project and solution architects facilitating the creation of Architecture Decision Documents to establish consistent technology across the Wholesale portfolio
- Developed architectural guidelines and reference architectures allowing technology artifacts to be managed and provide management with information necessary to budget capital expenditures to meet business needs
- Represented Enterprise Architecture and technology partners to establish governance models and reengineer processes to minimize project overhead while managing risk
Directed e-business organization tasked with creating wholesale banking products that are marketed worldwide providing payment services, electronic bill presentment and payment and treasury products and services.
- Defined and implemented product vision establishing the product direction and structuring product offerings to maximize market penetration increasing sales by 35 percent.
- Implemented product methodology which increased developer productivity 60 percent while reducing code deficiencies by 75 percent.
- Managed team of 45 developers and production support personnel to develop new products while reducing development costs by 46 percent.
|Motorola, Inc., Tempe Arizona||1994 – 2002|
Established Enterprise Architecture methodology within Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector (SPS) allowing the organization to re-engineer business processes, systems/applications, data, and technology infrastructure.
- Defined and implemented Enterprise Architecture Planning (EAP) methodology resolving data redundancy by 15 percent.
- Managed a sector-wide project to document the existing information technology environment reducing extraneous production applications by 16 percent.
- Established an architectural governance board and guiding principles to ensure architecture compliance resulting in better continuity between systems and data.
|Technical Team Leader - Web Development and Emerging Technologies||1999-2001|
Evaluated technology to determine how new technology could be positioned to meet current and future business needs. Developed web-based applications to provide static and dynamic content to Motorola SPS employees.
- Designed and implemented streaming video/desktop conferencing infrastructure eliminating $100,000 in travel costs during the first year.
- Created middleware strategy minimizing development costs by utilizing standard interface repository.
- Developed web content management infrastructure reducing support costs by 20 percent while increasing data accuracy.
|Network Applications Program Manager||1997-1999|
Managed projects establishing strategic direction. Evaluated and implemented technology to fulfill business needs. Developed applications enhancing new technology.
- Designed and implemented global messaging and calendar infrastructure reducing support costs and realizing annual savings of $2.5 million.
- Implemented global LDAP directory services minimizing software development costs and providing centralized web authentication.
- Developed comprehensive project management methodology resulting in projects complying with SEI Level 4 standards.
|Chief Network Architect||1996-1997|
Led team of network architects to establish strategic direction and ensure that Motorola Space and Systems Technology Group (SSTG) had necessary network bandwidth and capacity available.
- Defined and implemented infrastructure strategic plan resulting in 99.95 percent network availability.
- Developed centralized file server data center increasing server availability to 99.75 percent while eliminating 50 percent of the support staff.
- Migrated 6,000 users to a switched Ethernet topology increasing network stability.
|Network Analyst - Network Systems Team||1994-1996|
Led a team responsible for managing and maintaining desktop computers and file servers. Provided network troubleshooting and network management skills to ensure users could access network resources.
- Migrated file server environment to NetWare 4.1 increasing data availability while consolidating the number of servers by 57 percent.
- Upgraded 6,000 desktops to Windows NT resulting in a 40 percent savings in support costs.
- Designed and implemented a proactive network management infrastructure eliminating network outages by 50 percent.
|EG&G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls, Idaho||1988 – 1993|
Developed and managed multi-user database applications for Department of Energy (DOE) contractor. Designed and implemented network infrastructure for nuclear reactor site.
- Developed nuclear waste tracking system allowing DOE contractor to adhere to federal standards.
- Established file server environment allowing developer collaboration reducing software development costs 30 percent.
- Established data modeling standards increasing data accuracy by 30 percent.
Bachelor of Science. Brigham Young University. Major: Accounting. Minors: Business Management, Managerial Economics, and Computer Science. During my studies at BYU, my curriculum was very broad based in the business field giving me the opportunity to develop flexibility and adaptability. Computer Science courses included Assembly Language, Basic, COBOL, and Pascal. I worked with several small computers networked together giving me experience in communications and networking of dissimilar systems. My communications skills were further enhanced through my work as a Computer Lab Assistant where my duties included helping other students with their programming problems and establishing and documenting standards for work to be done in the computer lab. I graduated from a 64 credit hour program in 11 months while maintaining a 3.2 Grade Point Average (A=4.0), which shows I am not afraid of hard work. Other activities included membership in the national Accounting Fraternity of Beta Alpha Psi as well as social work doing income taxes for the elderly.
Associates of Arts and Sciences. Ricks College. Major: Accounting and Computer Science. I completed this 64 credit hour program in 10 months with a Grade Point Average of 3.4 (A=4.0). My dedication to my education helped me to complete this program in this short amount of time. During my studies, I programmed in COBOL on the college's IBM System 3 giving me valuable experience on a legacy computer system.
Managing Interpersonal Relationships - EG&G Idaho, Inc.
Creating a Customer-Focused Organization - Motorola University
Recruiting and Retaining Valuable Employees - Motorola University
Diversity in the Workplace - Motorola University
Implementing Performance-Based Employee Evaluations - Motorola University
Crisis Management - Motorola University
AWARDS / RECOGNITION
BrainShare – Novell Directory Services (NDS) Implementation Strategies (Speaker)
CrossRoads – Directory Services as a Repository for User Data (Speaker)
TechEd – The Future of Messaging and Scheduling Software (Roundtable Forum)
Available upon request